Natural Language Processing & Machine Learning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Ever wanted to work on core natural language processing and applied machine learning with special focus on the languages of the world? Be a part of Siri International team and contribute to some of the most challenging problems in NLP and machine learning applied to various languages. Build cutting edge natural language understanding technologies and deploy them on a global scale. Your work will advance and shape the future vision of our multi-lingual, multi-cultural Siri assistant, macOS/iOS SDKs, and Search applications used by millions across the world.
- Academic / Industry experience in NLP and Machine Learning, or similar experience in developing language technologies for shipping products.
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language, such as Python, Java, C/C++.
- Familiarity with NLP/ML tools and packages like Caffe, pyTorch, TensorFlow, Weka, scikit-learn, nltk, et al.
- Practical experience building production quality applications related to natural language processing and machine learning.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Ability to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams
- Clear oral and written communication
We are looking for a highly motivated technologist with a strong background in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. In this position you will apply your problem solving skills to language technology challenges and opportunities within Siri International, which involves development of large-scale language technologies for many languages worldwide. The primary responsibility of this role is to apply and ship innovative machine learning and NLP solutions for the Siri assistant and various other Apple products to surprise and delight our customers. You will also have the opportunity to scale these innovations and technologies across a variety of languages. Close collaboration with the research group will give you the opportunity to help define future technical directions of Siri International.
Education & Experience
Masters / PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field with specialization in natural language processing and/or machine learning.