Software Development Engineer, Internationalization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At the Siri International team within Apple we bring the Siri Intelligent Assistant to our customers worldwide in over 40 languages and dialects. Join us, and tackle some of the most challenging problems in natural language processing and large scale applied machine learning. Build cutting edge natural language understanding technologies and deploy them on a global scale. Your work will advance and shape the future vision of our multi-lingual, multi-cultural Siri assistant, macOS/iOS SDKs, and Search applications used by millions across the world.
- Strong Java/C/C++ programming skills.
- Practical experience working on Linux or iOS/macOS platforms.
- Practical experience building and architecting production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to natural language processing and machine learning.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions and perform critical analysis by applying creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated platform engineer with background in natural language processing and internationalization to design, develop and deploy software solutions that impact millions of Apple customers worldwide. The primary responsibility of this role is to architect and develop platform, tools and processes that power key features and help build high quality linguistic resources for use on Linux as well as in iOS and macOS platforms. You will bring creative ideas for existing and future Apple products / services and leverage the power of large amount of data to solve complex NLP and machine learning problems. Success in this role means not only developing NLP technologies that scale internationally but also working in a highly collaborative environment with teams across Apple to adopt their frameworks and technologies whenever appropriate, contribute back whenever necessary.
Education & Experience
• BS/MS in CS or related field.
- Preferred Experience/Skills:
- • Knowledge of internationalization tools and standards.
- • Experience with large datasets and hands-on experience with distributed systems.