SOC Validation and Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This role will see you working on the Watch system integration team as the primary team member responsible for ensuring that the SOC is fully tested and validated at the system level. The ideal candidate would be someone with an experienced background in SOC debug, test, and validation that is interested in becoming more involved with system level product development. You would lead debug efforts to root cause SOC issues found from factory test, validation, and hardware/software development and drive those learnings into improving the system design. Using your expertise and knowledge, you would work and coordinate with different cross-functional teams from many areas and disciplines to triage and solve challenges. In addition, you would develop and improve the system stress rack by generating stress pattern content to ensure stability of the system through even the worst case conditions.
- Experience in SOC SW, test, debug, or validation
- Understanding of how to fully functionally test each block within a given SOC architecture
- Willing to travel to support factory builds
- Familiarity with development of test scripts (example languages: Python, bash, Perl, Lua, Tcl, etc.) and CLI debug
- Data analysis is a plus (JMP)
- Good written and verbal communication skills -- ability to summarize and organize information for large forums
Core responsibilities: - Working with silicon and factory test teams to ensure full test coverage of SOC at the factory - Support silicon bring up in system during prototype and development phases - Debug and triage issues brought up during factory builds and system validation - Develop stress pattern content for use cases on system stress rack
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Position may require some domestic and international travel. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job.