Learning Enrichment Insights Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States
Are you idealistic, evidence-minded and voraciously curious? We are seeking a creative social scientist to inspire and guide the development of learning experiences. You have a strong research background and have made original contributions to the development of education technology. You can envision transformative learning experiences that are guided by cognitive science. You are a great teammate with excellent social skills, and have a dedication to conducting impactful research in support innovating learning experiences.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success investigating learning through generative and summative studies performing analysis of qualitative, observational, survey and behavioral data.
- Highly analytical, intellectually curious with consistent record in quantitative and qualitative research design, execution and analysis
- Experience with sensorimotor and multi-sensory representations, reward and decision-making, attention, and performance a plus.
- Experience building transformative learning experiences.
- Experience working with a diverse population of learners in various educational settings preferred.
- Deep expertise with application of a broad range of social science techniques including user experience interviews, ethnography, and survey design
- Strong interviewing and moderating skills
- Experience collecting/analyzing multi-modal datasets is a plus.
- Excellent creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience with a range of pedagogical approaches, and passionate about creating novel, effective learning experiences for children and life-long learners
- Curiosity about the potential to optimize learning through technology
- Excellent communication, visualization and articulation skills to deliver meaningful insights
- Knowledge of the edutainment, gaming, education and/or museum content landscapes
- Knowledge of emerging pedagogical practices in primary, secondary and higher education and STEM curricula
- Ability to lead and implement longitudinal studies as well as quick turn around, iterative prototype tests
- A self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, brainy, creative, dynamic environment
- Strong record of academic achievement.
You employ innovative research methodologies, are an authority in data science and have experience translating data into user insights that optimize learning. This position is responsible for conducting formative and summative investigations to inform the development and assess the efficacy of curricula and learning experiences. This is a multi-faceted role that will require you to be versatile across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with other scientists and engineers to rapidly carry out studies that help drive research and development. You will publish reports on developments in the learning sciences, education and educational technology. You have deep experience conducting literature reviews, analyzing primary and secondary data, developing compelling presentations, and collaborating throughout the development process. The role will develop research plans, evaluate concepts, prototypes and products, identify creative opportunities, and synthesize from disparate sources to provide a holistic view of learners and their lives. Responsibilities: Partner with researchers, engineers and subject-matter experts to develop a learning program that delivers deep insights into learners’ needs, motivations and behaviors as well as the efficacy of different learning experiences Bring innovative mindset and sharp analytic skill set to the design and execution of studies and prototypes. Design and carry out user studies using novel educational technological paradigms. Perform extensive data analysis that aims to pull out meaningful and insights from complex multi-modal datasets. Work cross-functionally to translate these insights into transformative educational technology prototypes. Conduct literature reviews and survey technology trends and share insights cross-functionally. Develop and deliver presentations to executives, engineers, and partners Create monthly, quarterly and annual reports to inspire fresh thinking and creative ideas
Education & Experience
Graduate degree in social sciences or education or equivalent experience.