Market Research Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s WW Product Marketing team is looking for an inspiring analyst in Market Research methodology and analytics to support its customer analytics and insights needs. This position is responsible for analyzing proprietary customer survey data to understand Apple’s customers and developing insights to support business decisions. This role will also work on developing ongoing reports of customer behaviors and trends. We’re looking for a practitioner who deeply understands research methodologies and is an expert in analytics and data science. We also appreciate your extensive experience with translating data into actionable insights and linking it to business issues. You should have a proven track record in analyzing consumer behaviors using advanced analytics and have solid writing and presentation skills. Key success factor in this role are the ability to marshal data, analysis, ideas, and recommendations into compelling deliverables that help business partners answer critical questions.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in customer insights / marketing analytics in a consumer technology / consumer products company or market research firm
- Experience in a global role with managerial responsibilities are preferred
- You are deeply analytical, intellectually curious with consistent experience in quantitative and qualitative survey analysis
- You have strong communication, visualization and articulation skills to deliver meaningful insights to craft business decisions
- Deep expertise with application of a broad range of research techniques and methodologies:, e.g. Statistical and decision modeling, cross-tabulations, maxDiff, segmentation and cluster analysis, conjoint / discrete choice, predictive analytics, structural equation modeling and latent variable modeling
- Expert-level proficiency in SPSS, Stata, R, SAS or Python Pandas as well as Excel and Keynote
- Additional experience in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau strongly preferred
- Ability to efficiently manage and implement quick-turnaround, high volume survey analysis
- A self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic, matrixed environment
- Partner with senior product researchers to develop a research and analytics program that delivers compelling insights while prioritizing effectively in a fast paced, multi-product environment - Bring advanced analytical expertise and innovation to research projects, including recommending alternative approaches where appropriate - Lead the research analytics process: from developing analytics plans, data collection, analysis, statistical testing, advanced analytics to synthesizing findings and delivering presentations - Deliver accurate and meaningful analysis for monthly customer surveys across product lines as well as ad-hoc studies
Education & Experience
We value your strong record of academic achievement. Master's of Science or PhD in statistics/mathematics/economics, market research or a human behavior related field is preferred but is not required.