Edge Services Architect, Apple Media Products
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a talented, passionate and driven engineer and architect to be part of a new Edge Services Architecture Team for Apple Media Products. You will be part of the Apple Media Products Performance and Architecture team. Alongside other talented engineers in this space, you will help innovate and improve the efficiency of Apple Media Services. You will help us as we continue to expand our global services availability and presence.
- A strong foundation in Computer Science including statistics and algorithms
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Ability and desire to innovate, influence, inspire not only your team but other teams you will be working closely with
- 10+ years of experience in software development including strong Java skills
- Hands on prior experience architecting and implementing highly available and distributed service architectures
- Experience with scalable distributed persistent cache or stores in practice, like: Cassandra, Voldemort, Memcached and Redis
- Some experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments, including: monitoring and capacity planning
- A desire to work in a dynamic and meaningful work environment
- Understanding of key cloud technologies and infrastructure like Docker, Kubernetes, S3 and other cloud based functions
We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities. You should have at least 10 years of experience architecting and implementing services with some practical experience with understanding how to achieve high availability behind a high volume user facing service. As part of the Apple Media Products engineering team, your responsibilities will include: working closely with other engineering team members. You will not be afraid to question assumptions and possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. You will need to have both the technical chops and the interpersonal skills to articulate your ideas, as well as, influence others. Attention to detail and a perseverance to deliver a high-quality, well tested and maintainable code is a must. You need to be highly dedicated and driven to achieve and exceed commitments. You should possess a strong passion to work in the area of services in a growing and energizing environment of innovation while exuding tight-knit teamwork skills. If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience preferred.