BootCamp Device Driver Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Boot Camp is the software that allows Macintosh users to install and use Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System on their Apple Macintosh computer. It consists of device driver software, Windows services, a Windows installer program, and a Mac OS X application that allows end users to configure Boot Camp and install Microsoft Windows 10. We are a dynamic and exciting place to work. If you have an interest in both Mac OS X and Windows, then this is the place for you.
- 3-5+ years’ experience developing system level software for Microsoft Windows OS.
- You will also have in depth experience in several of the following:
- Developing commercial low level software using Visual Studio and Microsoft C/C++
- WDF and KMDF or UMDF driver development
- Debugging with WinDbg
- MSI technology or other installation software
- Developing OS Installation system services for new hardware
- Windows 10 infrastructure or architecture
- Test driven development
- Using the Windows HLK to qualify WHQL certified device drivers
- MacOS, AppleTV or iPhone development experience with Objective-C is an advantage but not a requirement
We have an opportunity for an experienced Microsoft Windows systems software engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible for designing and building device driver, WHQL certifying drivers and building installation software that supports Macintosh hardware running Windows. Thrive in a fast-paced environment to design and implement new software in this role. Strong Windows debugging skills is a must. Experience with writing installers using MSI technology would be a plus.
Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent industrial experience, is required.
- We are a team based environment, candidates should have proven skills in the following areas:
- Clear communication and documentation skills
- Ability to deliver quality work under tight schedules
- Must be self-directed, analytical and work well in a team environment
- Proven ability to balance several high-priority tasks