Software and Algorithms Prototyping Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be part of the engineering team that turns new sensors and algorithms into the next-generation human interfaces for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Macs and more. We are an eclectic group with backgrounds in computer science, estimation algorithms, and human factors. We seek engineers who work well in cross-disciplinary teams over a full product cycle. In this group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunities to both prototype cutting-edge human interface experiences as well as implement and polish these concepts into insanely great products.
- Strong C, C++, Objective-C, or Swift programming and objected-oriented design skills
- Ideal candidate has good linear algebra, statistics, and signal processing fundamentals
- Ability to write clean, well-factored code at high and low levels of the stack (Firmware to UI)
- Tenacity to learn new things quickly
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communications skills
This is a key position at a focal point for HW/SW/UI integration. Starting from early in the product lifecycle, this engineer will prototype new user experiences for next generation Apple sensing technologies. In doing so, this engineer will develop algorithm pipelines to translate sensor data into user intent, implement user facing features, and validate their effectiveness for a large population. The ideal engineer is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with crafting the way we will interact with next-generation Apple products. You are a self motivated, excellent problem solver and a fast learner. You are quick to forge relationships and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have strong technical skills and demonstrated experience in writing commercial grade software. You will work with talented engineers in a fast paced, technically demanding environment to deliver new features.
Education & Experience
Degree in CS/EE/ME or related field; MS or strong experienced preferred. Must have education or professional experience related to CS or Software Engineering.
- While not required, any of the following will make you more effective in this role:
- * Experience developing iOS, watchOS, or macOS applications or using MVC frameworks
- * Algorithm development in areas such as pattern or gesture recognition, adaptive filters, machine learning, sensor / image processing, or controls
- * Experience with scripting languages (e.g. python, ruby, bash, etc.)
- * User interface design or graphics programming
- * User studies and data analysis
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.