Senior Software Engineer, Video Workflow
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Video Workflow Engineering team is looking for a brilliant self-starter to join our team. iTunes is an increasingly vital and central component of Apple’s ecosystem, and continues to rely heavily on processing of video at ever more massive scale, at a level of quality unmatched in the industry. Join the team that is building Apple’s platform for video ingestion and processing, and participate in the innovation that will drive the next generation of video features at Apple.
- In-depth experience with object-oriented programming and data modeling
- Proficiency implementing software in C++ / Java
- In-depth knowledge of digital video concepts (container formats, codecs, compression schemes, tools, best practices, etc)
- Experience with large-scale server-side systems and cluster-based workflows
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The iTunes Store is looking for a Software Engineer to provide new and enhanced tools in order to support its fast paced growth. Join our exciting team that is dedicated to providing the highest quality video products to our customers. Our team is responsible for the software that drives workflows for encoding all video content for the iTunes store, including movies, TV shows, music videos, and more. We are looking for a team player who is able to tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions. Responsibilities will include: Building tools for media inspection, manipulation and quality control Integration of these tools into workflows to support new video-related, customer-visible features across Apple’s ecosystem Optimization of existing tools and workflows to improve throughput and utilization.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is desired