Automation Lab Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, and Mac OS X, as well as Apple’s professional and consumer applications from Final Cut Pro to iLife and iWork. IMG drives Apple’s media experiences with core technologies such as Metal, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Audio, Core Media, Core Video, Core Animation, and more.
- Expertise configuring and troubleshooting desktop and/or mobile systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of UNIX-based systems and command-line tools for debugging, analysis, and automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
- Excellent teamwork and a positive attitude
- Experience with Mac OS X and iOS
- System Administration experience a plus
- Scripting experience a plus
The GPU Software team within IMG is looking for a Lab Manager with excellent communications and organizational skills to administer our automated test labs. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong IT skills who can contribute in a team environment. Day to day responsibilities include troubleshooting lab hardware and software, reconfiguring and deploying desktop and mobile hardware, supporting bring-up efforts of prototype hardware, creating and restoring disk images, scripting and automating repetitive tasks, inventorying, cabling, and organizing lab systems and peripherals, monitoring infrastructure, and ensuring a clean and efficient working environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience