Camera Electrical Test and Test Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The Camera Sensor team develops image sensor and other silicon solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best camera experience for our customers. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. In this role, you will contribute to camera hardware prototyping and camera related integrated circuit development by building and automating data acquisition systems for electrical test and validation. This role requires broad EE skills and offers a mixture of instrumentation development and on-bench testing and debugging. You will craft and execute test plans, communicate results internally and to vendors, and ensure that component level tests cover the implementations in the system.
- You will have strong experience in a scripting language such as, Python or MATLAB, to automate instruments and analyze data.
- Familiarity with low-level programming and debug for embedded development.
- Familiarity with integrated circuit design and testing such that the engineer is able to craft a test-plan from a data sheet or specifications document.
- Experience with the development and analysis of experiments to root- cause challenging electrical problems.
- Ability to read PCB schematics to debug or quickly modify electrical test systems.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Analog and mixed-signal IC design experience to predict challenging implementations and target tests.
- Software carpentry fundamentals; computer science training preferred.
- Familiarity with PCB design.
- Understanding of cameras and CMOS image sensors.
- Experience with Verilog and C
Developing software, firmware, and RTL for laboratory data acquisition and control systems. Implementing and debugging designs on the bench using oscilloscopes logic analyzers, and other instruments. Understanding and working at the boundary of vendor requirements to search for incorrect implementations. Desire to “break things”. Testing individual electrical components in the final production system to validate design and search for unexpected dependencies. Working with PCB design engineers to define test and acquisition electronics.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in CS, EE, physics or related discipline.
- Travel may be required