Sr. iOS Engineer-Apple Music
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about Music? The Apple Music team is looking for stellar software engineers to create awesome listening experiences for our over 1 billion active users. Our team enjoys a tremendous impact — we are one of the first applications on every new Apple platform, and our app is often featured in Keynotes and in marketing materials. The experiences you enable are sure to be tweeted and blogged about all over the internet. You’ll get to work with system engineers across Apple, learning the inner-workings of iOS, watchOS, tvOS and homeOS, and optimizing your code for performance in ways only Apple can. Come join our team and make a real difference for music lovers worldwide.
- - Ability to write clear and high-performance code in Objective-C, C and C++
- - Ability to dive into and understand large, multi-project codebases
- - Deep understanding of systems programming and core CS concepts
- - Strength in multithreaded and cross-process development
- - Ability to break-down large feature requests and architect practical solutions
- - Passion for quality and close attention to details
- - Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- - Ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- - Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
The Apple Music Frameworks team owns the technology stack that enables the system-integrated Apple Music experience on all of our mobile platforms: iOS, watchOS, and homeOS. You’ll work on complex issues around playback and queueing, asset loading and reporting, library performance and syncing, and app usability. You’ll implement amazing new features for our users that make their music listening experience simple and ubiquitous. If you’re passionate about writing code, and want to work with world-class engineering teams, Apple Music is the place for you. You are a highly skilled developer who strives to deliver great products. You know native development best-practices, are comfortable working in large code bases, can create tools and frameworks, and can balance multiple projects. Strong attention to detail and a good sense of humor are also welcomed!
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent work experience