WTE- iOS Telephony Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Software Engineering team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. We're a passionate and critical team that helps drive design, develop and integrate cellular chipsets in Apple products.
- Proven experience in C/C++ coding skills in a POSIX o embedded environment
- Strong experience in software development or software testing.
- Strong experience with Scripting languages (Python, Perl, or equivalent).
- Strong understanding of embedded systems with limited resources ( memory, CPU ).
- Expertise using debuggers, code profiling tools, tracing and other analysis tools.
- Expertise with root causing difficult issues in a complex system.
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded programming and synchronization
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
The Telephony Baseband Platform team is looking for an outstanding Engineer to join our team and help us drive quality and performance improvements in our software stack, by creating efficient, robust, scalable development/testing infrastructure and tools. This is a highly technical hands-on role which requires in-depth technical understanding of software, in a resource-constrained environment. You should be a person who is self-driven, who can research, develop and troubleshoot issues, and work efficiently with teams of developers and test engineers across the iOS organization. You’ll be involved in all phases of the cellular integration process, and have a direct impact on the experience of millions of customers. The candidate will have a passion for Performance, Automation and Software, along with hands on development experience. It is expected that the candidate can track and clearly communicate key metrics related to release readiness, identify any gaps, and consistently assess new and innovative ways to improve the quality and performance of our products, as well as evangelize performance and architecture best practices throughout the engineering team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- C, C++, Objective-C expertise highly desired
- Cellular chipset knowledge is a plus