Software Developer in Test
Prague, Bohemia, Czechia
Software and Services
Join the team responsible for ensuring highest quality for technologies at the heart of products known to surprise and delight our customers. Our team is part of the Core OS organization and is responsible for firmware, device drivers and frameworks related to human interface devices, sensors and motion coprocessors (M7, M8 et al.). This is a highly entrepreneurial team, always looking for innovative ways to improve status quo and solve difficult problems in new and better ways. We are looking for someone who can lead the charge on quality for one or more technology areas. Successful candidate will be capable of getting hands-on with test automation and execution while simultaneously being able to drive overall test planning and quality reporting. You will work in a fast paced environment, interacting directly with engineering teams within the organization as well as cross functional teams. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Solid UNIX OS fundamentals
- Experience with Python and C programming
- Highly motivated, creative, and organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and appropriate existing technologies.
Own overall testing and quality of the technologies for which you are responsible Design, develop and own automated tests for new and existing product features Investigate and analyze issues spanning across the hardware and software interaction layers Work closely with engineering and project management team to ensure quality releases
Education & Experience
MS in CS / EE or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of IOKit fundamentals
- Experience with developing, testing or debugging device drivers and firmware
- Experience working with Human Interface Devices and/or sensors (accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, light sensor, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience with Unix shell or other scripting languages