Analytics Architecture Engineering Manager, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a talented, passionate and driven engineering manager to lead a new Analytics Architecture Team for Apple Media Products. You will be part of the Apple Media Products Performance and Architecture group. Alongside other talented engineers in this space, you will help innovate and drive more efficiency and scale in our offline analytics processing pipelines and tools.
- A strong foundation in Computer Science including statistics and algorithms
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Ability and desire to innovate, influence, inspire not only your team but other teams you will be working closely with
- 10+ years of experience in software development including strong Java skills
- Engineering management experience
- Hands on prior experience with analytic processing pipelines including Hadoop, Spark and Kafka technologies
- Experience architecting and implementing end-to-end analytics solutions
- Experience with scalable distributed persistent cache or stores in practice, like: Cassandra, Voldemort, Memcached and Redis
- Some experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments, including: monitoring and capacity planning
- A desire to work in a dynamic and meaningful work environment
We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities. You should have at least 10 years of experience architecting and implementing services with some practical experience with analytics processing use-cases. As part of the Apple Media Products engineering team, your responsibilities will include: working closely with other engineering team members. You will not be afraid to question assumptions and possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. You will need to have both the technical chops and the interpersonal skills to articulate your ideas, as well as, influence others. You will be responsible for hiring a team of other talented engineers from the ground up in order to help achieve your goals. Attention to detail and a perseverance to deliver a high-quality, well tested and maintainable code is a must. You need to be highly dedicated and driven to achieve and exceed commitments. You should possess a strong passion to work in the area of high volume analytics processing in a growing energizing environment of innovation while exuding tight-knit teamwork skills. If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience preferred.