Program Manager, TV App
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We love movies and we love TV. When the storytelling is good, it can be emotional, transformational, enraging, insightful, thought-provoking or just a really good laugh. There’s never been a better time to be a fan of video content, but you can have too much of a good thing and that’s precisely why we do what we do. Apple’s video services are laser focused on curation and discovery. There’s a team of people with a passion for video behind every item on our store pages. We watch hundreds of films and binge hours and hours of television in order to help our customers find both the biggest titles and the most interesting new voices across media types and genres. We work with all kinds of content partners: studios, networks, channels, independent labels, SVOD services and MVPDs to bring the best content to Apple video customers and let them consume it on their terms. We curate all that content to Apple customers clearly and concisely with zero friction through the iTunes Movies & TV store, where customers can buy or rent their video content, and the Apple TV App, where they can access content from dozens of the video apps they care about most. We help our customers discover their next favorite movie or TV show on a daily basis. We’re looking for a video Program Manager to join our business team to ensure the best experience for our TV App customers. To do so, they will ensure that priority TV shows and movies from our content partners are ready on-time and error-free for our programmers to promote in the Apple TV App. The Program Manager will work with both internal and external partners, including operations, programming, business management and creative teams. They will be the liaison between internal and external partners to ensure all requests coming from both are addressed and routed to the appropriate teams. They will maintain all relevant avail information from our partners, ensure timely and complete delivery of metadata and creative assets, and QC the final experience. They will have a keen eye for details around metadata and visual assets. Ultimately, they are a key driver of flawless content launches on the Apple TV App.
- You should have at least 5 years of Program Manager experience at a studio, network, channel or digital platform.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about movies & TV content and the digital media spectrum.
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between internal and external partners.
- You are an excellent communicator, collaborator and time-manager with meticulous attention to detail.
- You are obsessed with aesthetic detail.
- You have deep understanding of the Apple Video ecosystem and are a power user yourself.
- You are a driven self-starter and able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are a highly motivated and collaborative teammate.
- You work well under pressure and with strict time deadlines.
• Track priority upcoming content identified by business, programming and marketing teams to ensure it is ready to go on launch date. • Communicate TV App content priorities to operations to ensure successful QC in a timely manner. • Identify and communicate metadata and creative issues to appropriate internal or external partners and manage through resolution. • Advise external partners on operational and design timelines, metadata requirements and creative needs. • Examine the Apple TV App daily to ensure featured content has complete and accurate metadata and engaging creative assets. • Recommend creative suggestions to external partners for featured content and promotions. • Collaborate with design team on aesthetic for promotions.
Education & Experience