Server Hardware Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We have exciting new opportunities with our Internet Services Organization hardware team for test engineers experienced in server hardware platform validation and configuration release testing.
- - 5+ years of technical work experience in server integration test engineering and high volume manufacturing. (Experience with L6 through L12 system integration is desirable).
- - Knowledge of modern hyperscale server design, manufacturing, integration, and repair processes.
- - Must have a thorough understanding of hardware and systems troubleshooting methodology with BIOS/UEFI, command line runlevel Linux, and common out of band management systems.
- - Unix scripting and python programming background is preferred..
- - Excellent data analysis and proven statistical skills.
- - Hands-on experience developing test methodologies, programs, bringing up and characterizing L10 and L12 integrated systems in preparation for production release.
- - Able to work with test equipment (ie, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc.) and debug HW issues.
- - Experienced with test plan creation and execution to include test automation utilizing 3rd party and in-house developed tools, functional/performance based validation and manual testing as necessary.
- - Knowledge and experience with modern system and component validation tests and benchmarks.
- - Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. (Other languages are desirable as well).
- - Flexibility and comfort working in a fast paced, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- - Proven ability to work independently while using sound technical and business judgement.
- - Strong understanding of test methodologies, formalized test concepts, test plans, continuous integration and sustaining engineering.
- - Must be able to independently manage time and reprioritize tasks as necessary while ensuring critical deadlines are met.
- - Ability to produce effective and meaningful documentation for test processes and results, turning complex operations into clear summaries. Present developed materials to a variety of target internal audiences from executive summaries to procedural instructions.
Assists with the development and executes test matrices to server platforms under evaluation and final production configurations being validated for production release. Evaluates and tests system hardware in a lab environment using various test suites and frameworks. Collates and reports test results in a comprehensive and clear manner to enable final release of hardware to production service. Collaborates with a team of engineers on selecting system hardware and components best suited for the use of Apple internal systems. Consult as needed on additional projects where hardware specialization is needed. Drive to improve standards of quality for hyperscale hardware while maintaining cost efficiency.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.