Product Quality Engineer SW/HW - Apple TV
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- End User Test Case Development
- Feature Set / NUDD (New Unique, Different, Difficult) Risk Analysis
- Application test content engineering
- Knowledge of test software deployment in production systems
- Some knowledge/experience with software to help integrate SW testing (OO programming or scripting: Python, C, C++, java etc.)
- Video streaming content server development
- Conduit into White Glove Testing, AppleCare Teams, Product Design, EE, while interfacing Core OS/iOS teams.
- Post process testing and issue tracking/management
- Exceptional ability to build relationships
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- 5+ years of industry experience in manufacturing or development of electronics
- Experience working with high volume international manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites
- Ability to travel internationally up to 40%.
Join the dynamic Product Quality Engineering team. You will partner closely with the Engineering, Program Management and Operations teams throughout the product life cycle to enable success. - Ensure product quality readiness for all phases of the introduction cycle, including driving contract manufacturer preparation for pre-production builds - Own and drive key quality metrics - Provide regular VP level communication of program quality - Generate Product Quality Plan (PQP) - Testing from a customer standpoint before launch (early on testing as well as end of line final assembly testing) of software and hardware - Drive Final Quality Assurance (FQA) development, documentation, optimization & execution during new product development - Work with cross-functional teams to drive FQA issues to resolution - Lead quality escalations during mass production bring up - Support and attend development builds as required - 10% software OO programming, scripting and modifying apps used for testing purposes in the lab
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or related experience, Masters or MBA are considered a plus. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.