Machine Learning Scientist - News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The News team at Apple is looking for smart, creative scientists and algorithm design experts to build a new generation of applications. You will contribute to applications and services including News on iOS that transform data into elegant products that delight, connect, and inspire users every day.
- Strong software development practices
- Strong Java experience
- Strong background in Algorithms and Machine Learning
- Strong background in Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, or NLP
- Experience with Scala or Clojure is a plus
- Experience with Weka or scikit-learn is a plus
- Experience with text-related tasks such as named entity labeling, topic classification, clustering, and indexing
- Experience processing large-scale data sets using Mesos, Spark, or Hadoop
We're looking for smart and original engineers and scientists with a deep background in computer science, especially machine learning, information retrieval, and scalable distributed computing. Your passion for leading edge technologies will be critical to your project and a key component to our team of world class engineers and designers who are driven to create the next big thing. Join us to enhance the lives of millions of users. You will: - Design and implement production algorithms that process text and other data, and make the impossible possible - Prototype ideas and fail quickly - Communicate advances and ideas to a focused team - Develop innovative tools and metrics that change the way we look at problems - Join a thriving Machine Learning community at Apple (https://machinelearning.apple.com)
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline.