Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Maiden, North Carolina, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are searching for a highly motivated and passionate Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join our team. Do you wish to be challenged? Are you ready to help with the inventory control of a highly dynamic Apple Data Center?
- Understanding of inventory control policies and procedures
- Have a validated understanding warehouse standards
- Have a confirmed understanding of shipping and receiving procedures and processes
- Ability to lead multiple shipments and activities concurrently
- Basic math and good communication skills are necessary
- A self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities
Assist with the shipment or receipt of outgoing or incoming materials, parts, or products. Maintains accountability for receiving, storing, and delivering all incoming shipments. Ensures the accuracy of all receiving documents and collects and matches forms (PO, packing slip, computer printout) relative to receiving activities. Studies the shipping and receiving processes for effectiveness. Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies. Suggests improvements to distribution procedures, and acts to improve timeliness or save costs. Tracks and documents all shipping or receiving information for the datacenter. Prepares outbound parcels and freight in accordance with local, company and legal requirements. Completes reports for management. Works with vendors as well as internal customers.
Education & Experience
Prefers 3-6 years relevant experience in a large-scale technology warehouse environment