Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The iOS Systems QA Team is looking for a creative and motivated QA Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. Quality is a meaningful aspect of our products; as a System QA Engineer, you will have a significant impact on helping to deliver functional and stable products to millions of customers in a fast-paced environment. You will have 3+ years of SQA or System Test experience on consumer-facing hardware/software products, excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and a passion for quality.
- 3+ years of SQA or System Test experience, preferably on consumer-facing hardware/software products.
- Experience with hardware development lifecycle processes and
- Experience testing consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- You have proven ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product.
- You have proven QA skills with at least two complete product cycles, from concept to customer shipment.
- Understanding of SQA methodologies, practices and the ability to solve hard problems with innovative and maintainable solutions.
- Ability to work with cross-functional and remote teams.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with defect tracking systems and authoring, tracking, and verifying defect reports.
- You are detail-oriented and strive for product excellence.
- Review and test hardware and software features of multiple products. - Execute a variety of hands-on/manual and automated tests. - Create, modify, and execute tests for hardware and software validation at the system level. - Write test plans and other test documentation as required. - Use existing automation frameworks and tools to create and execute new tests or test areas. - Isolate and report defects, quantify impact, and verify fixes through regression testing and other test methodologies. - Work closely with development teams to identify and understand key hardware and software features and underlying functionality. - Analyze data from test results; generate reports from that data. - Work cross-functionally with other test teams, developers, and project managers. - Be a vocal proponent for quality internally and externally. - Report status on a regular basis.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent (MS preferred)
- Nice to have:
- - In-depth understanding of iOS, macOS, or Unix.
- - Understanding of electronic assembly or manufacturing processes.
- - Experience working with contract manufacturing firms.