Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come join a team of creative, energetic, and enthusiastic firmware engineers responsible for next-generation Human Interface Devices for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac. We are looking for talented individuals who enjoy creating firmware for microcontrollers, prototyping concepts, and investigating new technologies. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- C or C++ for embedded systems
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers
- Experience interfacing microcontrollers with analog and digital sensors
- Working knowledge of one or more communication protocols (e.g. USB, Bluetooth, UART, SPI, I2C)
- Experience implementing firmware in bare-metal or RTOS environments
- Solid board bring-up and debug skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Self-directed with a drive to learn
As a TSI firmware engineer you will be working on input and sensing technologies for many of Apple's products: iPhone, Mac, Watch, Input Devices, etc. As part of the Incubation team, you will need to: - Brainstorm, invent, and develop new user interaction and sensing concepts - Architect, implement, and maintain complex firmware designs - Modify existing code bases as necessary to support new prototypes - Write clean, easy to understand, and robust code tailored for embedded systems - Negotiate and specify communication protocols, system states, and FW/SW feature requirements with the software team - Help select microcontrollers and sensors, define electrical requirements, and review schematics with the hardware team - Bring up and debug proof of concept prototypes quickly
Education & Experience
- BS CS/CE/EECS
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.