Emerging Display Technologist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are looking for a creative, hands-on, ambitious technologist who will play a meaningful role in the design and performance of future displays used in Apple products. In this role you will interact multi-functionally with key partners in product design and development, as well as with product suppliers. You will be responsible for the design of OLED display components, and you will have opportunity to add to Apple's intellectual property.
- Proven track record in the design, fabrication, and characterization of optoelectronic materials and devices.
- Hands-on experience/capability to work with electronic tests and optical characterization equipments.
- Robust engineering skills including use of software such as Matlab, JMP, Excel or similar software is required
- Expertise in the electrical and optical performance validation of optoelectronic devices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in active matrix flat panel displays strongly preferred, particularly in display optics and electronics, fabrication processes, and system design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high aptitude to collaborate with team members from multiple engineering disciplines.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
▪ Investigate the best display technologies from potential suppliers. ▪ Develop and define the display module electrical and optical performance with potential suppliers. ▪ Lead an internal multi-functional team working with engineers with optical, EE, ME, process and panel design expertise. ▪ Manage the display suppliers as the primary technical contact window. ▪ Perform the necessary display testing and review test results from the display vendors, system OEMs, and multi-functional groups at Apple to ensure the display performance.
Education & Experience
PhD in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or Material Science Engineering, or MS with minimum 5 years experience.