Software Engineer, Spotlight UI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Applications Technologies team is looking for a passionate software engineer to join our team. We revolutionized the way that people organize and view their data on all Apple platforms, and we're only getting started! This is a high visibility, high impact position. As an engineer on the Spotlight and Quick Look applications, you will be working at all levels of the OS: from low-level work and framework development to high-level UI programming and user interaction refinement. Applications Technologies are constantly evolving as we continue to improve the user experience, and provide components for other teams to build on. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Applications Technologies team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Your experience in developing an iOS or macOS application from end to end would be a great advantage, all the more with elegant user interface
- You understand API design and framework development
- You have an interest in performance and algorithms
- You are comfortable with large code bases and fast-paced environments
- UI applications development Object-oriented programming Software debugging techniques
- You have a thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Passion for creativity and hard work
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
We are looking for skilled and self-motivated software engineer who is eager to interact with other members of the team, and other teams at Apple. To provide an exceptional experience, we work closely with the frameworks and applications teams (such as Safari, Messages or Mail). In this position you will be participate in all stages of software development, from new feature design and implementation, to maintenance of prior releases. Your creativity and attention to detail will be valuable for the UI features to perfectly represent the level of quality we aim at for such a key user experience feature. You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues. You will also help diagnose and resolve customer-reported issues as well as develop test suites and internal infrastructure.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE or equivalent