POI Ops Special Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. People at Apple don’t just build products - we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of you and your ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Maps is seeking an expert Business Operations/ Program Management professional to join the POI Special Programs team in Sunnyvale. The POI Ops Special Programs team works to achieve the most complete, accurate, rich and up to date Points of Interest (POI) data around the world. This is done both aggressively (active curation of POIs) and reactively (through customer reported issues) curating data to ensure the best experience for our customers. The ideal person is operations-focused, results-driven leader who has a strong foundation in data analysis, process improvement, project management, quality, and people management. You will be engaged in both long-term strategic planning and short-term tactical planning, and will have a consistent track record of working cross-functionally to align partners, operational objectives, and defined deliverables. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team; if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of experience in a technology-related operations, customer support, project management, investigations, analysis, or equivalent environment
- Expertise in:
- Scoping new project work and project maturity frameworks: from proof-of-concept to scaled production
- Planning and executing complex, global, strategic initiatives, defining operational scenarios, and crafting implementation plans to inform program timelines and deliverable commitments, tracking work across multiple programs and various global teams
- High attention to detail, collaboration oriented and ability to lead multiple, concurrent assignments, tight deadlines, changing priorities, and deliver results with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical skills, structured thinking and experience with breaking down complex problems and driving execution - experience in reporting, data visualization, and ad-hoc data analysis; ability to compile and validate large amounts of data with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to recommend responses, propose solutions, and identify continuous improvement actions to data and production issues
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment and establish relationships across the organization
- Passion for quality and enthusiasm to develop deep product knowledge
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress and multitask in an extremely dynamic environment
- Flexible, adaptable, proactive and self-motivated and able to build strong relationships.
- Language skills and experience working with Maps are a plus
DESCRIPTION In this global role, you will be: - Representing POI Ops in all cross functional partners (Tools Engineering, DataScience, Program DRI, EVAL etc) programs. - The main point of contact for all things POI - resolution of issues, executive escalations, dedicated curation, special projects, strategy deliverables, implementation, tools, policies/ workflows/ training. - Responsible to scope, plan and deliver curation requests by using a global workforce. - Support highly confidential special projects by prototyping POI process/ workflows to scale globally - lead end to end program management to successfully deliver on expectations & timelines. - Recognize and act on opportunities for automation, integration and standardization of processes. Lead tool enhancements to improve productivity, quality and efficiency for contractors and vendors across the globe. Drive process re-engineering, bringing efficiency gains to the business. - Lead a highly motivated and self driven team supporting various strategic initiatives within POI - Engage with POI Ops teams to support continuous learning and feedback
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field; MBA preferred - Certifications (e.g. PMP, Agile, Scrum, Lean Six Sigma) preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.