Optical Lab Tech - Exploratory Design Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unrivaled and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years experience with optical fabrication, inspection, handling, and assembly - specification and fabrication, assembly, choosing and using adhesives, active alignment, etc.
- Familiar with optical bench systems – aligning systems, mounting and placing optics, detectors etc, taking spectral and power and beam profile measurements, etc.
- Able to work independently to support the team in a wide variety of tasks including testing, assembly, lab maintenance, and lab organization
- Familiar with and adheres to industry standard laser safety, ESD, and EHS requirements
- Skilled at prototyping and solving problems complex optical systems
- Experience prototyping complex systems across multiple disciplines - soldering, PCB assembly, etc.
- DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with general lab debugging - using electrical and optical test equipment to solve problems during initial bringup.
- Knowledgeable in industry EHS standards and Class 1000 or better cleanroom protocols
- Experience with procurement systems, inventory, shipping and receiving
- Experience drafting test procedures and documenting process improvements
- BONUS QUALIFICATIONS
- Mechanical fabrication experience (cutting, bonding, metalworking, welding, etc), experience with basic pneumatic and hydraulic fittings, equipment commissioning, etc.
- Familiar with Matlab and LabView
We are looking for a cross functional technician who can work with engineers to prototype, test, and debug optical/laser systems, electrical, and mechanical systems.