Program Manager, Media Products Platforms & Shared Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking a seasoned Program Manager for the Apple Media Products Program Management Team. This is a highly cross-functional role that works on the foundational systems of our media products, including App Store, Apple Music, TV App, and more. Our Platforms and Shared Services programs are a blend of product, business, technical, architecture, and physical infrastructure.
- 5+ years of program management, product management, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in managing and deploying large, complex programs
- Experience delivering highly cross-functional projects or programs of work across disparate groups
- Strong relationship management and facilitation skills both within diverse engineering teams and cross functional organizations
- Proven self-starter, who is pro-active and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- Outstanding presentation skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey complex requirements in a clear, concise and credible manner
- Overall, a highly driven, results-oriented, problem solver who will drive programs to deliver value quickly to our customers
- Understanding of large scale distributed software systems
This dynamic team will look to you to drive cross-functional projects from inception to outcome. In this hands-on role you will work with all levels of the engineering org, as well as site-reliability engineering, business teams, operational teams, marketing, analytics, and external vendors. You are the thread tying these disparate teams together to deliver end-to-end projects that improve our products globally. You will be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle, whether it be helping develop functional requirements, getting into the detailed analysis, facilitating proofs-of-concept or QA, and tracking release management of multiple projects at once. You’re someone who loves diving in to the detail as well as looking at the big picture, who is as comfortable in a detailed engineering discussion as presenting to executives. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take ownership; you feel a personal stake in your projects; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire ecosystem; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have judgement and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball; you build positive relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners; and you deliver. This is a full time position, located at our Cupertino, California headquarters.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field