Program Manager, Shared Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking a seasoned Program Manager for the Apple Media Products Program Management Team. This high-visibility role will drive a major video infrastructure and shared services initiative to improve the user experience of our video products globally. Our Infrastructure and Shared Services programs are a blend of business, technical, architecture, product, and physical infrastructure. This is a unique role within our Media Products Program Management team to help build the global relevance and success of out video services.
- 5+ years of program management, product management, or equivalent experience
- Experience delivering highly cross-functional projects or programs of work across disparate groups
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- Outstanding presentation skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey complex requirements in a clear, concise and credible manner
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of large scale distributed software systems
- Past experience in consumer video delivery, particularly OTT
We’re looking for you to drive cross-functional projects from inception to outcome. In this hands-on role you will work with all levels of the engineering org, as well as site-reliability engineering, business teams, operational teams, marketing, analytics, and external vendors. You are the thread tying these disparate teams together to deliver end-to-end projects that improve our products globally. You will be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle, whether it be helping develop functional requirements, getting into the detailed analysis, facilitating proofs-of-concept or QA, and tracking release management of multiple projects at once. You’re someone who loves diving in to the detail as well as looking at the big picture, who is as comfortable in a detailed engineering discussion as presenting to executives. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take ownership; you feel a personal stake in your projects; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire ecosystem; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have judgement and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball; you build positive relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners; and you deliver. This is a full time position, located at our Cupertino, California headquarters. Some international travel may be required.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field