Connectivity Hardware Design — Hardware Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We have built the best wireless hardware design team on the planet. We’re looking for a talented individual to join our team. We support WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, and emerging technologies. As a Mixed Signal Hardware Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and verification of digital and power portions of wireless designs across all Apple products. You are familiar with computer system architecture and digital design. You work proactively with many functional engineering groups across Apple responsible for other blocks in the system.
- You have 5+ years industry experience.
- You have a solid digital logic fundamentals including timing analysis, state-machine debug and/or RTL/test-bench development.
- We want you to have experience with high-speed memory systems and communication interfaces (e.g., DDR, USB/HSIC, PCIe, MIPI) and a good understanding of MAC + Protocol specifications for digital interfaces.
- We would like you to have experience in crafting tests to target specific portions of silicon designs and digital interconnects.
- You do have hands on debug experience with usage of modern lab equipment (DSOs, Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers).
- Your understanding of modern operating systems, multi-threaded systems, firmware, and device drivers is above average.
- Your experience in writing basic software routines and test scripts helps you to thrive.
- Because of your familiarity with interpreting and navigating schematics and layout you are able to be independent as needed.
- Your strong desire to deep-dive system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a positive and proactive attitude.
We work closely with internal hardware, software, and silicon teams to define system interconnects and power supplies to implement in product schematics and layout. Closely work with internal hardware and silicon teams to bring-up, characterize (performance/power) and validate new digital interfaces + protocols We develop power supply application circuit design and validation, including load step response, ripple and accuracy stability. We work with external chipset vendors to develop successful integration and verification plans Position will require some international travel, 10-20%.
Education & Experience
BS EE or equivalent required; MS EE or equivalent preferred