Sr. Build and Release Engineer-Apple TV
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple TV team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Build and Release Engineer to join its Engineering Operations team. We are looking for someone who is able to come in and make an immediate impact with an automation mindset.
- Experience with developing continuous integration systems (preferably Jenkins)
- Strong experience in scripting languages, particularly Python and Bash
- Advanced experience with source code management systems, particularly Git
- Consistent track record for automating the build and release process
- Experience with branching strategies and best practices
- Worked in a cross platform environment like Android/Linux
- Ability to work with effectively across different teams
- Experience with Docker
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong written and communication skills
As a member of the Apple TV Engineering team, you will have an opportunity to make a big impact, working closely with our extraordinary engineers, developing and driving our build and release process. You will be responsible for improving and maintaining our current tooling and bringing it to the next level. You will have a big part in helping to drive our organization to more of a continuous integration model. You will design, architect, and implement tools to help optimize our engineering workflow. Understanding of SCM best practices is very important. You are required to have a deep understanding of good software development practices to help drive new processes across the engineering organization. If you are someone who thrives in a fast paced, complex environment and is eager to make an impact on how we handle build and release here, Apple TV is the team for you!
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.