Sr. Android Engineer-Apple Music
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love music and want to help shape the future of Apple Music services? The Apple Music team is looking for a dedicated, hardworking and experienced senior android engineer to lead the development of fun new features, and to help build an application used by millions to listen and discover music. If you are product driven and you have an interest in music, this is an ideal and unique opportunity for you.
- Minimum of 6 years experience as an android developer or as developer of client applications. At least 2 products released to the public.
- Advanced Android development and architecture experience
- Expertise developing C++ with Android NDK integration
- Familiarity with unit testing
- High level understanding of end to end systems
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work with incomplete requirements and to juggle multiple priorities
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
As an engineer on our team, you will design and architect a complex application, interact with other Apple members in cross-platform features, overseeing the work of less experienced developers, and create systems to be used by third party developers. You know development standard methodologies, are comfortable working in large code bases, can create tools and frameworks. You are adept at balancing multiple projects. You’re a social person, with a good sense of humor, and you like working within a small, but effective engineering team. With your strong attention to detail, you’ll be able to collaborate with the design and marketing teams, and find the best solutions to important problems, always having the user in mind.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience