Antenna Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come join the team that defines and implement antenna system architecture for Apple products as an Antenna Design Engineer. Your goal is to optimize the radiation performance for wireless portable devices used by millions of our dedicated customers.
- Are you hands-on? Do you have experience in antenna design, tests, anechoic chambers, and RF test equipment?
- Your strong deductive reasoning and strong working knowledge of radiation performance, Antenna, and wave propagation theoretical background is essential and highly valued.
- Bring your experience with different wireless communication systems such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 802.11, Bluetooth, etc., including the corresponding system level specifications (e.g. ETSI 51.010, 51.05…) to instantly contribute to designs.
- You can use your regulatory experience and processes for wireless consumer devices, including FCC, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, TIA/EIA, etc.
- Your excellent communication skills, detail oriented with data, love using Excel to make meaningful tables and graphs
- Preferred Experience: simulation tools such as XFDTD, HFSS is a plus.
On our team you will be able to design antennas suitable for wireless handheld devices with excellent radiation performance, including TRP, TIS, SAR, and EMC. We work closely with other RF and antenna design engineers, mechanical and industrial designers, and EMC engineers to integrate the antenna design in our products. Our team conducts radiation performance measurements, creates and executes test plans, internally publish test reports, provides feedback to the other design engineers, and lead some of the manufacturing of antennas.
Education & Experience
MSEE required, PhD is preferred