Test Systems Software Developer- Mac HW Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
In this position, the candidate will be working for the Hardware Validation Engineering (HVE) team on post-Silicon hardware system validation of next generation Mac and iPad systems. Our Engineering Team is responsible for architecting new ways to test new system hardware to catch issues early in the hardware life cycle. You will be a key technical contributor and will utilize your in-depth system knowledge to target testing on new silicons or system architecture.
- 4 years of experience as a post-Silicon Validation engineer.
- Additional qualifications:
- Previous experience in pre-silicon or post-silicon validation
- Strong background in computer architecture and IO protocols (PCIe, USB)
- Programming experience in Python, C, Shell scripting
- Understanding of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms
- Outstanding communication and team work skills
Reviewing Mac platform architecture and identifying key areas for HW validation Writing Test plan and execution strategy for Mac Platforms Developing and optimizing the framework, tools and tests to create a controlled validation environment for small and large scale validation Creating software checks to compare observed behavior against expected behavior that is derived from specification Generating focused and pseudo random test cases of various configurations based on coverage analysis Debugging failures from internal and cross functional teams, across SW/FW/HW to arrive at root cause Analyzing large data sets to find trends and anomalies in system behavior
Education & Experience
The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with at least