Acoustics Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about audio and customer experience when the products you create are being utilized by consumers? Do you want to join a team that drives innovation and develops category-defining audio hardware for Apple Products? This is an acoustic systems engineering position that empowers you to engage with multi-functional groups to continually question the limitations of technology implemented in Apple’s audio products portfolio. The Audio Product Acoustics team is looking for someone who enjoys collaboration with high initiative and wants to make a phenomenal engineering contribution to enable industry-leading electronic devices such as HomePod and AirPods.
- Are you experienced in acoustics in an engineering role producing high-volume consumer electronics? We highly value experience with one or more of the following: loudspeaker system design, audio electronics, audio transducer design, experience with methods for perceptual and subjective audio quality evaluation, acoustic test measurement and interpretation/analysis. We welcome your experience working with off shore manufacturers.
- Ideally you will have a strong background (five+ years) in an acoustics engineering role within consumer electronics.
- Proficient in loudspeaker system engineering including transducer and audio signal processing integration
- Proficient with engineering design and simulation tools such as Matlab and Comsol
- Proven success in the areas of design, manufacturing, and failure analysis of audio systems
- You may have a real passion for music and/or playing a musical instrument
- Are you known as an accomplished communicator?
- Experienced with integration of speakers & microphones
- BS/MS or equivalent, preferably specializing in acoustics
- Engineering leadership/management skills a bonus
Do you have an inventive design approach and have you "owned" audio system architecture from concept to mass production? Do you like solving speaker and microphone acoustic integration challenges while collaborating with multi-functional teams? Are you proficient at communicating technical audio and acoustic concepts to project teams and management? Can you travel Internationally to support engineering activities (required, approximately 20%)?
Education & Experience
BS/MS or equivalent, preferably specializing in acoustics Engineering leadership/management skills a bonus Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.