DevOps Infrastructure Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay Engineering team is looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineer to support Apple Pay’s rapid growth and expansion. This role will be part of the core Apple Pay Server Engineering team.
- Linux, UNIX operating systems expertise
- Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef - been there, done that. You know where each are strong and weak.
- Platform technologies like Docker, Nomad, Consul, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, Vault
- Well versed in the full stack: OS, networking, storage, DBs, server side application development, etc.
- Set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate.
- Ambiguity does not scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- You are a hands-on strategist.
- You can lead a project yourself.
- You are an expert in the Infrastructure Engineering space, but don’t want to be limited to just that space. As part of the Core Apple Pay Engineering team, what excites you is the opportunity to have a broad impact on the products and customer experiences.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to architect and implement the future of Apple Pay’s internal cloud computing platform. If you’re passionate about automating availability, reliability, security and compliance at scale into system that enable the experience of millions of customers, this is your kind of role. You’ll be embedded in a team of talented engineers that are already focusing on development, quality, performance, reliability, infrastructure, security and compliance.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with version control systems, continuous integration and build tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Git and Github
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault, Terraform is a plus.
- 6+ years of experience