Systems Security Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The Camera Sensor team develops image sensor and other silicon solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best camera experience for our customers. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. The Apple camera team is looking for a security systems engineer. This engineer will have a critical impact on camera system design, and on the quality of one of the most visible features of our products.
- You will have experience implementing security-related systems into production.
- Working familiarity with standard cyphers and protocols (AES, HMAC, DH, DSA, EC).
- You will be experienced in reasoning about attacks and countermeasures, and about value trade-offs of assets and countermeasures.
- You will have an understanding of and ability to communicate about ASIC/hardware and software architecture with designers.
- Strong communication skills with experience authoring formal specification documents, and the ability to communicate cross-functionally.
- You will be willing to travel internationally.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hardware design experience (Verilog, RTL synthesis, circuit design) is helpful.
- Software design experience is helpful.
- Experience implementing or using image sensors is helpful.
You will interact cross-functionally within Apple to implement and validate our security strategy for image sensors and related silicon. Interact with component vendors to understand how they are meeting requirements, and validate their implementations. Develop methodologies for internally and externally validating system requirements. Develop and publish documentation of our security strategy, and report on measures of sensor quality, especially as it relates to security within the system. Travel to vendor sites as required for implementation reviews.
Education & Experience
A BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required. An MS or PhD is preferred.