Design Engineer- Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Advertising Platforms Human Interface team is responsible for the user experience by designing intuitive, learnable, and consistent interfaces. We work to specify how user input and interactions mechanisms work and push to innovate those concepts across our products. We’re looking for an experienced Designer Engineer who can build working, interactive prototypes to test, explain, and explore ideas. You’ll primarily work alongside designers, engineers, and others to ensure a successful product for both our business and our customers. About the Advertising Platforms Group At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
- A solid foundation in the fundamentals of interface design and usability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in rapid iteration
- Strong sense of initiative and follow-through
- Strong communication skills
- Documenting interaction details, visual design specifications and QA of the implemented product
- Fluency with industry-standard design tools
- An understanding and application for Apple’s design principles and aesthetic
This is a fast-paced team focused on complex design challenges. This position works closely with many other teams and will be an advocate for user experience. Responsibilities: Through collaboration and iteration, aim for a user interface that makes conversion simple, even when the feature is complex. Contribute to and maintain a design system, providing logic and rules for a variety of use cases. Comfortable working in a studio environment and participating in individual and group critiques. Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and be able to work within project parameters. Have a deep understanding of the the target customers. Participate in QA as it pertains to content, file bugs as necessary. Work closely with: the Human Interface team, to solve UI challenges in response to product requirements the Engineering team to assure design quality by auditing implementation during development, upholding the Apple design principles that form the foundation of elegant, efficient, intuitive, and delightful products.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent
- You might be a good fit if you:
- Want to be on a team where design and user experience is represented and defended.
- Want to work on a team where the best ideas win regardless of source.
- Want to work on a team where trust, sharing and healthy debate is the norm.
- Want to be on a team that works closely, collaboratively, and cooperatively with one another to achieve our common goals.
- Want to work on a team that develops effective processes that ensure success.
- Want to work on a team that eats together.