Software Engineering Manager - Finance & Admin Systems (TV+, Apple Music, Beats1)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Corporate Systems team is seeking an Engineering Manager who is a self starting, energetic individual with strong leadership skills, for leading the engineering team and to manage and oversees the of Royalty Management Platform for Apple TV+, Apple Music and Beats1. We are looking for a leader who has a proven track record in managing teams and delivering high quality enterprise solutions with technologies including: Spark, Akka, Kafka, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and web platform technologies including Restful web services, Spring Cloud, Spring Data Flow. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong technology background and proven track record in developing and managing high quality enterprise software solutions is preferred. You will lead some of the coolest people and technologies on the planet, including: Spark, Akka, Kafka, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and web platform technologies including Restful web services, Spring Cloud, Spring Data Flow.
- 10+ years of industry experience, including 2+ years of management experience leading a SW development team
- Extensive experience with applications architecture, design, integration and deployment in an integrated environment
- Strong experience in designing and developing multi-tier web applications using Java/J2EE technologies, RESTful web-services
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, Spring Framework, Microservice Architecture
- Experience in relational databases, high-performance SQL; knowledge of NoSQL and Big Data trends is a big plus
- Experience in working with Spark, Akka, Kafka big plus
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure in AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus
- Experience in data modeling to support agility and scale for present and the future
- Thorough understanding of highly scalable distributed databases and multi-clustered systems
- Willingness to learn new technologies and implement in short time
- Strong Leadership with excellent communication
- Strong commitment to developing high-quality, maintainable code to meet complex, changing requirements
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams.
The Corporate Systems group at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet growing needs of Apple's Finance, iTunes, Sales, Retail, and IT Service organizations. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high-volume micro-transactions from iTunes Downloads, iPhone Activations, Sales from Retail, Online, and Resellers. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Cocoa, iOS, Oracle, and Non-SQL Databases. Accurately processing such high volume transactions is our core strength. Responsibilities include : - Managing a team focused on software architecture, designing, participating in code reviews, partnering with team members, business users, and other development teams to collaborate on new features and services to supporting business users to evaluate and iterate on existing tools and solutions. - You must also lead an onsite/offshore team. - He/She should possess excellent technical leadership skills, be a pro-active and solution-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. - At Apple, code and functional quality is aways at the forefront and one of the key measures of Success.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent. Minimum of 8+ years in Software development and 2+ years in Management,
- Having a good understanding in Cloud related technologies is a sure plus