Map Data Content Product Manager - Transit
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Map Data Product Managers are responsible for creating and maintaining a product roadmap, defining data requirements and quality acceptance thresholds, and all aspects of new data feature development to support the needs of Apple Maps. He/She will work with program managers, engineers, HI designers, process engineers, sourcing and operations teams to create data products which support excellent Apple Map customer experiences. The successful candidate must be skilled in product management, map data and public transit systems. He/She must be able to work closely with program, design, and technical teams to validate their proposed approaches. They will advocate for the customer experience and quality of the product.
- Demonstrated experience working with navigation map data
- Deep understanding of public transit networks and current industry trends
- Working knowledge of the General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS)
- Understanding of GIS technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, decisive, self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Ability to quickly understand complex processes and communicate them in simple language.
- International or language skills other than English - ability to direct work for geographies in Europe and Asia
- Develop and maintain product Road Map for Transit systems market expansion and new feature development - Generate feature feasibility assessments with varying options and cost models - Work with data model and data content specifications teams to develop and ensure product design is optimized for efficacy as well as efficiency. - Sign off on data source utilization and data process engineering designs - Work with service engineers to improve utilization and optimization of data content - Help develop quality and evaluation metrics and drive release go/no-go decisions - Analyze evaluation metrics and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our product design and processes
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or equivalent