Music Curation Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Media Products (AMP) supports the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Books, Apple Podcasts, iTunes Store, and TV app lines of business. In AMP, we ensure the best user experience through world-class apps, editorial, and storefronts. The AMP Metadata Music team is responsible for managing, aggregating, correcting, and connecting metadata to ensure that Apple Music experience matches that of Apple’s world-class customer experience. AMP Metadata Music team is looking for a Music Curation Manager. As a part of AMP metadata team, you will be responsible for building scalable processes and partnering with different teams to ensure that we meet our deadlines and deliver the best experience on Apple Music. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- Manage change. Working side by side with a broader team to implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership, and a customer-focused approach.
- Lead a team. You'll have confirmed leadership credentials. Experience in building and running high-performing teams and individuals. At least three years management experience desired.
- Manage relationships. Develop strong partnership with different levels of organizations, communicate with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Lead programs. You must have a hands-on attitude and ability to work cross-functionally. Demonstrate problem-solving, collaboration, and analytical capabilities to synthesize complex issues and assess business operational opportunities.
- You'l be results-driven with extraordinary attention to detail, remarkable follow-through, and an ability to totally focus on customer experience. Think creatively, be responsive to business needs, deliverables, and company standards.
- Are you well-versed in pop culture and passionate about music and media? Do you have experience working with music, metadata, and content management. Live and breath music and technology?
- This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the team that maintains metadata for Apple Music across various genres, languages, and geographic regions. The position requires excellent organizational and prioritization skills, resourcefulness, and ingenuity in solving problems. You should feel a personal stake in the product, build strong relationships, and work for the success of the entire team. We love music—it's an emotional experience, and for many of us, an obsession. When someone hears the right music at just the right moment, it’s transformational, and that’s precisely why we do what we do.
AMP Metadata Music team is looking for a Music Curation Manager. As a part of AMP metadata team, you will be responsible for building scalable processes and partnering with different teams to ensure that we meet our deadlines and deliver the best experience on Apple Music.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree desired. Plus experience in building and running high-performing teams and individuals. At least three years management experience required.