Power Delivery Architect, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you can do here. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Can you intrinsically see the importance of every detail? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products. Bring your passion and dedication, and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. in Apple’s Platform Architecture team, we are looking for a forward-thinking Power Delivery Architect to drive our next generation power delivery solutions for Apple products on multiple platforms, collaborating with engineers across the company.
- Experience in mobile or desktop power delivery architectures.
- Familiar with SoC / CPU power requirements and constraints.
- Strong fundamentals in analog integrated circuit design.
- Understanding of various power delivery components, multiphase buck & boost converters, LDOs, charge pumps, voltage references, ADCs & DACs, PMICs, etc.
- Experience working with Li-ion battery based systems.
- Familiar with analog or mixed signal behavioral modeling in either Matlab, Simulink or Verilog A
- Familiar with system level communication protocols for power management and debug, i.e., I2C, SPMI, JTAG, SWD, etc.
- Understanding of board & system level considerations such as PDN and routing impact on power delivery, battery impedance limitations, thermal constraints, etc.
- Excellent communication skills are critical.
- Ability to work cross functionally to build consensus and alignment between multiple independent teams at Apple
As the Power Delivery Architect, you will: Work across organizations to gather various product and component requirements; partner with our silicon engineering team to understand future silicon demands on the power delivery network and energy conversion electronics Identify and anticipate key system challenges in power conversion and high current voltage regulation Brainstorm and invent potential solutions Analyze and compare solutions, and then drive team insights and architecture forward into SoC silicon, power delivery silicon and system implementations Optimize power delivery trade-offs such as efficiency, solution size, performance impact, cost, development risk and other system considerations Conduct feasibility studies and work with development teams to deliver solutions Direct and review implementation down to the transistor level
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering