Software Engineer, Autonomous Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Autonomous Systems Group is looking for a highly motivated robotics and software engineer to join our team.You will develop, test, and deploy cutting-edge autonomy algorithms on a large robotic system, taking part in the development of ambitious and innovative products.
- Be an essential part of a team of engineers and scientists developing state-of-the-art prediction, planning, and decision-making algorithms.
- Help drive the design and implementation of algorithms that run in the robot to model autonomous interactions with the surrounding world.
- Test your work in simulation and on real-time systems, review field data, and improve the current system.
- You must be hands-on, eager, curious and never satisfied with the status quo.
- You must love learning and being challenged.
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- Background in motion planning, decision making, estimation, and control systems.
- Experience programming autonomous robots and modeling multi-agent systems.
- Solid and fluent understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience analyzing logs from simulation and field testing.
- 3+ years of professional or equivalent experience.
- Strong C++ and Python development skills.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - Background in hybrid systems, game theory, and multi-agent behavioral modeling. - Familiarity with real-time, multi-process, multi-threaded coding. - Proficient using the command line in Linux. - Experience with 3D geometric math. - Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
Education & Experience
M.Sc., or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, or equivalent professional experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.