Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The USB Connectivity Compliance QA Team is looking for a highly motivated Engineering Technician who will be responsible for assisting with testing activities as related to the development of USB and USB-C interconnect for our iPhone, iPad and Mac accessory product line.
- You are experienced in testing computer hardware and/or mobile devices
- You have strong testing, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- You are comfortable working on pre-released hardware
- Ability to maintain and when needed troubleshoot test equipment
- Able to work independently as well with other team members
- Able to follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols
- Attention to detail during test execution and data collection.
As a SQA Technician for USB connectivity compliance of iPhone / Mac accessories, you will be involved with: - Development and implementation of test methods based on feedback from the SQA Engineer: - Development and implementation of test methods based on feedback from the SQA Engineer - Executing on standard operating procedures for USB electrical and software compliance tests - Setting up and maintaining test equipment - Working with cross-functional team to execute software-hardware test plans and procedures - Work on executing tests for Apple accessory interoperability with Mac, Windows and 3rd party hosts
Education & Experience
- BS/BA or AS/AA and 3+ years related experience
- Nice to have:
- - You have some experience or understanding of USB - super-speed (USB 3.1), high-speed (USB 2.0) OR full-speed (USB 1.1) protocol
- - Some coding/scripting experience (Linux/Unix Shell or Python), and software troubleshooting and debugging skills is a plus.
- - Knowledge of Apple macOS and iOS.
- - Experience with SQA methodology and processes.
- - Direct experience with oscilloscopes, USB signal generators, ENA, protocol analyzers and logic analyzers.
- - Experience testing display or graphics cards.