Sr. Manager of Product, eCommerce Transactions (Global Checkout)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Retail Commerce & Digital Experience (RCDX) is seeking a highly organized product management leader to join a user-experience driven e-commerce product team focused on delivering innovative digital transaction experiences. The eCommerce Transactions Checkout team is responsible for the buying experience across all worldwide properties and platforms. You will have a real passion for product design, innovation, technology and how it can enrich and revolutionize the future retail shopping experience. This person should have proven success as a product leader, and examples of delivering complex large scale, initiatives to market as well as successfully working, navigating and aligning cross-functional teams. Someone with attention to detail, who is willing and able to be hands-on. This position involves managing a team of product managers, and guiding them as they implement key Checkout Experience initiatives for Apple Retail. The role spans offices, time zones and hemispheres, and is based in Cupertino, CA.
- Deep knowledge of how e-commerce conversion funnel works across the entire customer experience, and how to drive business results through a thoughtful improvements roadmap
- Experience with user informational architecture and design processes; partnering with UX/Design teams.
- Well-versed in the evolution of ecommerce checkout trends, understand standard methodologies. Knowledgeable of ecommerce system architecture and mobile technology.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to identify the best possible outcome for the customer, possibly requiring new industry standards
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing communication through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated success in planning, delivering large-scale (8-12 month) cross-functional projects.
- Structured/Analytical thinker - can simplify complex problems and issues in an easy to understand manner and communicate to technical and non-technical partners alike
- Ability to understand technical matters outside personal area of expertise
- A great teammate, experience interacting with and influencing cross-functional partners at all levels
- A self-starter, be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems and comfortable navigating through ambiguity.
- 10+ years experience working in product management space, including both technical and business expertise
- 5+ years of people management experience in a tech environment
Oversee a team of experienced product managers focused on Global Checkout, leading multiple simultaneous product development tracks. Craft the product strategy and inform the prioritized roadmap for global Checkout product portfolio inclusive of features, investments and geo-expansion. Guide cross-functional business and technology teams to ensure that proposed solutions meet customer needs. Partners with multiple project management team members to manage project status communications, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time. Facilitate collaboration with global and regional business partners in Merchandising, Personalization, Operations, Finance, Engineering, and Design/Marcom. Identify, assess and mitigate risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide customer concern management, and trade-offs. Drive effective team work, communication, collaboration and dedication across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Guide worldwide/international experience design and localization processes. Potential travel both domestic and international.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S Degree required, MBA or M.S in Computer Science a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.