Sr. User Experience Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
AppleCare Online creates breathtaking digital content and experiences to help people get the most out of their Apple products. We make it easy for everyone to learn about, use, care for, and maintain all of their Apple software and hardware. In the role of Sr. UX Designer, you will lead efforts to expand our capabilities and reach, refine our thinking, and bring us closer to our customers. You will mentor other designers while being accountable for important works across a portfolio that includes web, iOS app, chat, and other new technologies.
- 5-8 years experience designing for large-scale digital multi-channel (web, app, social, chat, voice, AR).
- Advanced degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on a high performing, collaborative team in a complex and ambiguous environment.
- Very solid, current, and proven skill in multiple areas of UX design (research, IA, visual, prototyping, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the tools of the trade (Sketch, Photoshop, Keynote, Illustrator, prototyping tools).
- Experience creating supremely clean and organized design artifacts (flows, journey maps, service blueprints, wires, mocks, prototypes, specs, related documentation).
- Experience, understanding, adaptability, and vocabulary necessary to work with engineers, business leaders, researchers, executives and other key partner roles.
- Crystal clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Experience with accessibility, localization, and internationalization.
- You will be required to submit an online portfolio.
- You think clearly and have a track record of good decision-making.
- You’re resilient and comfortable with a culture of candor.
- You recognize your weaknesses and supplements them with others’ strengths.
- You have high standards, drive quality and accountability in matters great and small.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Solve complex problems for all customers, including differently abled. - Know what you are solving by aligning on problem statements and genuine user needs. - Go deep and be objective by capturing and synthesizing information from all likely sources. - Challenge your thinking through engaged debate and collaboration. - Use well understood, concise, and accepted methods to develop understanding. - Craft lots of explorations and concepts that show the breadth of your thinking. - Build strong relationship with everyone and spend time working directly with them. - Eliminate confusion and get to the bottom of issues quickly. - Manage your own time, stay on top of things, show your work, and keep it organized and logical. - Be there from start to finish and make sure your partners have what they need when they need it. - Be calm and professional under pressure. Have composure and decorum. Be a diplomat for the design team when our POV is the key to customer success. - Have fun and be yourself.
Education & Experience
Advanced degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Deep experience with Apple products and a product support organization.
- Experience facilitating workshops, critiques, mentoring junior designers.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.