Site Reliability Engineer(SRE) – www.apple.com
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This is your opportunity to do something extraordinary. Do you like the idea of running a global service that is used by hundreds of millions of passionate people around the world? Do you enjoy working in an environment that challenges you? Do you like to turn ideas into reality? Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 3+ years supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer-facing environment
- Experience with DevOps tool chains such as Docker, rkt, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Git.
- Experience with distributed shared storage such as NetApp, CEPH, GlusterFS, S3 and etc.
- Experience with system monitoring tools such as Nagios, Sensu, Prometheus and etc.
- Experience managing large Kubernetes clusters desired.
- Demonstrated ability to write and debug programs using Python, and Golang.
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes and culture
- Experience with relational and No-SQL databases
- Experience with Apache and Nginx (configuration, and operation).
- Background building and running multi-datacenter distributed infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions
- Very strong networking skills, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and load balancers
- Experience supporting mission-critical systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
- RESPONSIBILITIES WILL ALSO INCLUDE:
- Building software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications through automation
- Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks
- Measurement and optimization of system performance
- Capacity planning and management
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward
- Anticipate our customers’ needs - drive the change
We are looking to hire passionate individuals to join our team of Site Reliability Engineers managing http://www.apple.com (http://www.apple.com/)and associated properties. Build and run the platform that delivers Apple’s front door to all of its customers around the world. Focus on automating every single aspect of the operation. Learn from a focused team of experienced engineers. Develop new ideas, challenge the status quo, and challenge yourself.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience