Apple Books Copywriter
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
“I wish I read more.” At Apple Books, our goal is to help everyone—from the one-book-a-year person to the power-reader—fit reading into their lives. For the business and curation team, that means creating a welcoming, dynamic digital bookstore where customers can find the perfect read, from buzzy bestsellers to wonderful classics. Our merchandising spotlight amazing authors and showcases everything from page-turning romance and thrillers to conversation-starting nonfiction. We are looking for a strong and enthusiastic writer to join our team. This person will craft lively copy that appears throughout the Apple Books app, write compelling customer emails, and collaborate on editorial promotions and special projects. We’re looking for someone who *loves* books: reading them, writing about them, following authors, and keeping up with bestseller charts and the latest news about celebrity book clubs and book-to-screen adaptations. Given the fast-paced, high-volume demands of the role, flexibility, attention to detail, proactive communication, and positivity are musts, along with organizational and project management skills.
- You have amazing writing chops. You are particularly good at crafting crisp, fun copy in under 100 words or 90 characters.
- You’ve got hawk-like attention to detail.
- You have experience fact-checking and line-editing other writers’ copy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A talent for collaboration and a willingness to chip in where needed.
- You’re self-directed: able to handle ambiguity and juggle many projects at once.
- You’re a creative thinker: you’re happy to geek out about things like the customer experience and brainstorm new ways to merchandise books.
- You deal well with feedback and also know when/how to push back.
- You remain curious and are fearless about asking questions.
Based in Cupertino, the copywriter would report to our creative lead for copy. Responsibilities of the job include: - Assign, write, and edit capsule book reviews and copy for editorial collections - Identify and work with freelance vendors and writers - Develop copy for email campaigns - Collaborate with different teams, including design, UX writers, and marketing on messaging - Confidently articulate ideas and represent editorial concerns in cross-functional environments - Help curate and contextualize content on the Book Store - Work on special writing and editing projects to support business and marketing goals - Pitch in on style guide and editorial presentations
Education & Experience
BA or BS required.