AR Prototyping Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an AR Prototyping Engineer to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive computing for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will assist us in exploring future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- 2+ years of experience developing apps, games or AR/VR experiences
- Proficiency with Unity, Unreal, or similar 3D engines
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C#, Objective-C, Swift, etc
- Experience doing rapid prototyping. Good intuition in making time vs. complexity tradeoffs
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop prototypes at the bleeding edge of technology to find the best experiences for our products. We work closely with Apple's Human Interface design team to define the next generation of computing. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Prototypers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to define and prove new application concepts and UX paradigms.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Familiarity with AR SDKs such as ARKit, ARCore, Vuforia or similar tools
- Familiarity with game or peer-to-peer networking
- Excellent understanding of the practical applications of 3D math and linear algebra
- Experience working with 3D content and content creation tools like Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, etc