Business Operations – Apple Pay Cash
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Apple Pay is the premier mobile payments platform and paying has never been easier. Gone are the days of searching for your wallet. Payments now happen with a single touch and our customers can pay in a simple, secure, and private way. We are seeking an expert Business Operations professional to sustain a flawless user and support experience for Apple Pay Cash. You will have appropriate operations experience, ideally while dealing with internal and external partners. You should have a deep understand of financial services operations. In this role, you will put yourself in the shoes of our user as you identify potential issues, and partner with internal and external teams to ensure a graceful resolution. You will creatively resolve issues by augmenting public facing documentation, improving support tools for customer care advisors, or advocating for better error messaging. You will gather user feedback through various mechanisms to improve the support experience. In addition to improving the customer experience, you will work closely with external partners (banks, processors, and networks) to understand current workflows and ensure the customer experience is consistent between Apple and our partners. You will work closely with call center vendor managers and AppleCare to consistently improve the servicing experience. You should have an insatiable curiosity, you are comfortable with ambiguity, you enjoy thinking about edge cases, and you are a strong verbal and written communicator. You are a self-motivated and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You love process flows and asking “what if?” to find and resolve issues before our customers do. You have a high level of professionalism, energy, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”. You can balance the needs of multiple teams and maintain a strong sense of empathy for your partners.
- 5-7 years + experience as an Operations Manager.
- Banking or finance industry experience highly desirable.
- Understanding of financial industry laws and regulations
- Practical knowledge of person-to-person (P2P) payments and/or personal finance apps
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience in facilitating external partner communications (e.g. presentations, conference calls, and emails).
- Collaborative, flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong level of customer focus and attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism, passion in providing this vital service to the platform and sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
• Engage with cross-functional partners (e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, QA, AppleCare, Finance, Analytics & Reporting etc.) teams to drive the best customer experience possible. • Work with external partners and develop meaningful and long-lasting relationships. • Learn new processes, map workflows, find opportunities, and develop and drive meaningful improvements. • Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach. • Analytical capabilities needed to analyze complex data and develop meaningful insights that can be used to tell compelling stories.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree, master’s degree highly desirable