Global Business Operations Manager – Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Apple Pay is the premier mobile payments platform and paying has never been easier. Gone are the days of searching for your wallet. Payments now happen with a single touch and our customers can pay in a simple, secure, and private way. We are seeking an experienced Global Business Operations Manager to primarily support our global transit program. You should have appropriate operations experience, ideally while dealing with external partners. We will expect you to deeply understand launching and sustaining Apple Pay on open loop and closed loop transit systems globally. In this role you will be the leader with vision in developing a global transit program, wherein you will support, document, and train regional members of the operations team. It is essential that you develop a scalable solution through identifying key opportunities to optimize the program. You should be a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. Basic program management skills are also highly desired.
- 8-10 years + experience as an Operations Manager.
- Experience with transit operators highly desirable.
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience in facilitating external partner communications (e.g. presentations, conference calls, and emails).
- Collaborative, flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong level of customer focus and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, passion in providing this vital service to the platform and sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
• Manage global transit program including planning, implementing, launching and maintaining transit systems that are utilizing the Apple Pay platform • Engage with colleagues across the regional business operations teams in order to educate and transition key activities for ongoing support • Engage with cross-functional partners (e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, QA, AppleCare, Finance, Analytics & Reporting etc.) teams to facilitate the program. • Work with external transit operators and city transit systems to develop meaningful and long-lasting relationships. • Manage change. Working side by side with your partners to see opportunities to automate, streamline, and optimize processes effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach. • An understanding of the components and considerations required when developing a scalable transit program • Analytical capabilities needed to synthesize complex issues into a clear story and/or assess business operational opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desirable, preferably in operations.